Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Clinical Technician, Sr.
Ann Arbor, North Campus, MI 48105 United States
The successful candidate will set up and operate a regulated (CLIA & CAP) molecular biology laboratory that will isolate and quantify nucleic acids, perform PCR and next-generation sequencing, library construction and other associated procedures. The individual will assist in assay development, programming of laboratory automation, preparation of standard operating protocols (SOPs), and the maintenance of appropriate records. This individual might be asked to perform a minor subset of functions to potentially include logistics and biobanking tasks such as biospecimen receiving, shipping, handling and LIMS-tracked storage. The position will also require routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
1. Perform molecular biology protocols governed by SOPs
2. Extraction of nucleic acids from human tissues
3. Ability to program and operate liquid handling automation
4. Library construction, PCR, and next-gen sequencing with Ion Torrent
5. Possible maintenance of tissue biobanks, biospecimen handling and logistics
6. Write and edit SOPs as required
7. Maintain records for CLIA and CAP certification
8. Routine maintenance of laboratory equipment
9. Use typical laboratory software including EXCEL, Word, and FileMaker Pro
10. Data entry into clinical data systems
11. Work in multidisciplinary teams
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENT:
Requires the ability to work independently and makes decisions, speak clearly, read and write in English, manual dexterity, bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 25 pounds, sit for long periods, ability to coordinate information and activities, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform mathematical calculations, ability to function in a fast paced environment, meet critical deadlines, customer service oriented, and projects a positive interaction with outside agencies.
Laboratory: single and multi-channel pipettes, liquid handling automation, thermocyclers, ion torrent sequencing, qPCR cyclers, centrifuges, and other standard molecular equipment. Office: computer, printers/scanners, general office and specialized software, general office equipment, digital camera or other specialized equipment for research activities.
Education, training, experience:
BS/MS in molecular biology or related area
Confident, innovative, problem-solver
Experience handling biospecimens
Experience with PCR, qPCR, library construction, nucleic acid sequencing
Experience in next-gen sequencing
Experience with laboratory automation
Experience in a CLIA/CAP-certified laboratory
Terms & Conditions