Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Ann Arbor, North Campus, MI 48105 United States
Clinical Research Coordinator
Develop and validate novel IHC assays on an autostainer platform in accordance with CLIA and CAP guidelines. Utilize best practices for assay development. Work directly with pathology to identify available antibodies and determine development scheme. Document procedures used to validate assays. Provide technical histology and analytical support for projects and company. Maintain equipment on day to day basis.
• Serve as the primary interface with all IHC equipment, including autostainers. This includes programming, maintenance, record keeping for CLIA/CAP, troubleshooting, etc
• Lead in creating strategies for developing novel IHCs. Demonstrated ability to manage scope, costs and time usage is critical.
• Works with management to modify their recommendations to accommodate input from leadership
• Needs to be nimble to adjust to changes from clients spanning from automation to manual to procedures
• Flexibility for different ways to do IHC
• Identify commercially available antibodies and reagents.
• Create novel IHCs using standard reagents and techniques. This includes troubleshooting and optimizing steps, such as antigen retrieval, for the assay under development.
• Routine histology sectioning, H&E staining, and other handling/processing of specimens.
• Scan slides for electronic transmission and storage
• Other laboratory and clerical tasks as requested.
PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS/ ENVIRONMENT:
Requires the ability to work independently and makes decisions, speak clearly, read and write in English, manual dexterity, bend, reach, stoop, lift up to 25 pounds, sit for long periods, ability to coordinate information and activities, ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, perform mathematical calculations, ability to function in a fast paced environment, meet critical deadlines, customer service oriented, and projects a positive interaction with outside agencies.
Computer, laser printer, scanner, copy machine, calculator, telephone, fax machine, general office and specialized software, general office equipment, palm pilot, digital camera or other specialized equipment for research activities.
Education, training, experience:
1. Certified Histologist (3-5 years experience)
2. Masters or PhD
3. ASCP certified Histologist or equivalent
4. Experience in validating antibodies / assay development
5. Experience with Dako and Ventana autostainers or other manufacturers
6. Experience in altering IHC parameters to optimize staining outcomes
7. Working knowledge of CLIA / CAP guidelines
Terms & Conditions