Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Royal Oak, MI 48067 United States
OncoCellMDx is looking to hire and add a Laboratory Technologist to our team. We are a newer company developing a novel diagnostic technology initially applied in cancer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintains neat and accurate records of all experiments and maintains inventory of clinical samples, received into the R & D lab
• Is responsible for entering laboratory data into the electronic database maintained for the study
• Is responsible for verifying study patient specimen labels and communicating any discrepancies to the clinical site coordinators
• Is responsible for executing SOPs related to cell separation from peripheral blood, DNA and RNA extraction from cells and tissues, estimating yield and quality of nucleic acids, performing cell counting and flow cytometry to assess recovery and purity of separated cell fractions
• Perform general laboratory maintenance including preparation of solutions and tissue culture media
• Participates in training as required
• Orders, inventories, and stocks laboratory supplies, and is responsible for waste disposal
• Other duties as required.
This list in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The statements contained above describe the scope of the responsibility and essential functions of this position, but should not be considered to be an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned including work in other areas to cover absences or relief to equalize peak work periods or otherwise balance the workload.
Education, training, experience:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree (B.Sc.) or equivalent; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Certified Lab Specialist (CG) desirable
- Certified Lab Specialist (MB) desirable
Terms & Conditions