Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Engineering Manager (Operations)
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 United States
Full benefits, incentive bonus, matching 401(k)
This position is responsible for planning, directing and implementing projects to improve manufacturing processes of existing products or development of new products that directly effect safety, quality, and productivity with the end result of producing a better quality product more efficiently. Responsible for the direction of engineers, machine designers, and technicians.
1. Maintain and follow proper compliance and quality systems requirements.
2. Provide the engineering discipline and leadership required to plan and implement projects to develop, install, and qualify new processes for manufacturing new products or for improving existing processes to achieve business plan objectives.
3. Provide engineering expertise in the design, fabrication, development, installation and qualification of equipment, which may include feasibility studies and/or proper documentation for justification of project and training to ensure proper operation of the equipment.
4. Provide direction, leadership, and training to engineers, machine designers, and technicians; monitor work schedules and expenditures of project team.
5. Plan project improvements and troubleshooting of production equipment.
6. Identify cost reduction projects and financial analysis (justification of capital).
7. Plan work schedules, expenditures, attend meetings, and prepare monthly reports are required.
Education, training, experience:
Requires a four-year degree, Masters Degree preferred, in an engineering discipline coupled with 8-10 years experience in an engineering environment for implementing major engineering, manufacturing and automation projects, 3-5 years of which shall have been supervisory in nature. Medical device environment required.. Knowledge in finance for working with budgets/capital expenditures. Strong background in mathematics, mechanics, optics, physics, and electrical principles. Strong background using test equipment. Communication skills both verbal and written. Computer knowledge. Knowledge of GMP/FDA/ISO regulations.
Terms & Conditions