Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Software Engineering Manager
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 United States
Full benefits, paid time off, incentive bonus, matching 401(k)
The Software Engineering Manager is responsible for managing the end-to-end design, development and maintenance of software for Terumo’s Monitoring Platform. Reporting to the Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for hiring, driving and mentoring an enthusiastic team of software developers to deliver high-quality, robust software, implementing a breadth of software products. This includes embedded and non-embedded software
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Provide the engineering discipline and leadership required to plan and implement projects to develop, install, and qualify new processes for manufacturing new products or for improving existing processes to achieve business plan objectives.
3. Provide engineering expertise in the design, fabrication, development, installation and qualification of equipment, which may include feasibility studies and/or proper documentation for justification of project and training to ensure proper operation of the equipment.
4. Provide direction, leadership, and training to engineers, machine designers, and technicians; monitor work schedules and expenditures of project team.
5. Plan project improvements and troubleshooting of production equipment.
6. Identify cost reduction projects and financial analysis (justification of capital).
7. Plan work schedules, expenditures, attend meetings, and prepare monthly reports are required.
8. Utilizes the systems and processes in place to attract, develop, engage, train and retain talented Associates; creating a work environment where Associates can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet business needs.
Education, training, experience:
Requires a four-year college degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of eight years of experience in an engineering environment or a Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of seven years of experience in an engineering environment (regulated industry preferred), of which a minimum of five years must be supervisory experience. Basic computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
Strong background in embedded software development
Full software lifecycle experience from concept to shipping product
Resolution of field issues including Root Cause Investigation.
Hands-on leader – able to roll up your sleeves and code and/or debug when needed
Expert level knowledge of any of the following Real-time OS development – PSOS, MCOS, Windows XP Embedded, and Windows 7 Embedded
Expert level knowledge the following development Environments - C#, C++, SQL Server
Strong coding skills with emphasis on well-structured coding and test methodology
Understanding of software test methodology
Ability to hire top talent, lead and motivate engineers, great communication skills (both oral and written) and a positive, team-oriented attitude
Ability to work in a dynamic environment that emphasizes initiative and collaboration
Exposure and Familiarity to FDA Design Controls, S/W Risk Management, and IEC 62304
Terms & Conditions