Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Ann Arbor, MI 48103 United States
Full benefits, paid time off, incentive bonus, matching 401(k)
Engineering Manager - Central Engineering; reports to the Director of Heart Lung Platforms
Leads a team of 7 and 10 direct reports, both Engineers and support personnel.
Leads Engineering related system-level design changes - managing projects
Co-lead design transfer for New Product Development projects.
This position is responsible for planning, directing and implementing projects to improve manufacturing processes of existing products or development of new products that directly effect safety, quality, and productivity with the end result of producing a better quality product more efficiently. Responsible for the direction of engineers, machine designers, and technicians.
1. In all actions, demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety and product quality by maintaining compliance to the Quality Policy and all other documented quality processes and procedures.
2. Provide the engineering discipline and leadership required to plan and implement projects to develop, install, and qualify new processes for manufacturing new products or for improving existing processes to achieve business plan objectives.
3. Provide engineering expertise in the design, fabrication, development, installation and qualification of equipment, which may include feasibility studies and/or proper documentation for justification of project and training to ensure proper operation of the equipment.
4. Provide direction, leadership, and training to engineers, machine designers, and technicians; monitor work schedules and expenditures of project team.
5. Plan project improvements and troubleshooting of production equipment.
6. Identify cost reduction projects and financial analysis (justification of capital).
7. Plan work schedules, expenditures, attend meetings, and prepare monthly reports are required.
8. Utilizes the systems and processes in place to attract, develop, engage, train and retain talented Associates; creating a work environment where Associates can realize their full potential, thus allowing the organization to meet business needs.
Education, training, experience:
Requires a four-year college degree in an engineering discipline (Electrical Engineer preferred) and a minimum of eight years of experience in an engineering environment or a Master’s degree in an engineering discipline and a minimum of seven years of experience in an engineering environment, of which a minimum of five years must be supervisory experience. Ideal candidate is a technical expert in a regulated or medical device industry. Basic computer software skills, i.e. Microsoft Office.
Terms & Conditions