Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Gene Codes Corporation
Senior Software Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 United States
Gene Codes offers a comprehensive salary and benefits package including health care, dental, 401k, long and short-term disability coverage, and more.
Submit resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Gene Codes, a leading provider of DNA Sequencing and Matching software, is seeking to fill an immediate full-time Senior Software Engineer developer position for its flagship product, Sequencher. Candidates must have at least 8 years of experience with cross-platform C++ development on Mac OS X and Windows. Applicants must possess strong collaboration and communication skills and familiarity with Agile development practices. Professional experience with boost, STL, and Qt are a significant plus. Knowledge of inter-process communication, multi-threaded applications, and web protocols are also beneficial. A Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science is required.
Education, training, experience:
• Have considerable experience in all phases of software development lifecycle
o Application Architecture and Design
o Automated Unit/Customer Testing
• Detailed understanding of TDD/BDD, Refactoring, Design Patterns, SOLID principles.
• Practical experience with Extreme Programming and/or Scrum methodologies
• Experience with Build Systems/Continuous Integration environments
• Installer development
• Analyze business requirements and break down into development strategy
• Collaborate with QA, product management, and development team interchangeably.
• Interest in continuous learning
• Self-starter with strong work ethic
• Team-centric approach
Terms & Conditions