Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
Ann Arbor, MI 48108 United States
Full Time- Non-Exempt
Rubicon Genomics is a leader in the development and commercialization of sample-specific pre-analytical processes to improve the performance and capabilities of DNA and RNA platforms for research and clinical testing.
Rubicon Genomics’ core competency is the creation of innovation and efficient molecular biology tools for genetic, epigenetic, and expression analysis of difficult clinical samples. These competencies have served as engines for innovation, development of intellectual property, ongoing product development, and a commitment to customer service.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Application Scientist will be an integral team member in developing new applications for the most innovative nucleic acid library preparation products used in Next-Generation Sequencing of clinical samples.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate and optimize of new applications for the Rubicon Genomics’ product line of library preparation kits
- Participate in writing white papers and application notes to document protocols and performance metrics to meet customer needs to sequence clinical samples for research and diagnostics
- Assist with training of new customers and partners, including assisting in experimental troubleshooting of customer problems
- Read and use manuals, white papers, application notes, internet and journal articles to understand how company’s products and competitors are utilized with clinical samples (e.g., target capture of interesting parts of the genome)
- Experimentally evaluate and optimize use of different samples and sample isolation methods with Rubicon Genomics’ NGS library products
- Design, plan and execute experiments to evaluate use of different methods to apply Rubicon Genomics’ libraries to NGS and array analysis. Summarize data and analyze results; formulate conclusions and determine future experiments.
- Be highly committed and deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Collaboration and integration with other research, application development and production scientists within the company
Education, training, experience:
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ph.D. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology or related fields with 1+ years industrial experience or M.S./B.S. degree with additional progressive research experience sufficient to demonstrate equivalency
- Demonstrated experience in preparation and analysis of DNA and RNA from clinical samples
- Knowledge of molecular biology, nucleic acid chemistry, or enzymology
- Ability to design, execute, and document molecular biology experiments
- Ability to draw conclusions and troubleshoot results
- Proven ability to work as a team member under direction of a supervisor
- Experience with one or more of the next-generation sequencing platforms
- Knowledge of essential laboratory methods such as qPCR, gel electrophoresis, bioanalyzer, DNA quantitation, PCR, NGS
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Good organization, interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity and reliability
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Develop and maintain internal and external customer contacts to improve technical knowledge as required accomplishing job objectives
- Effectively communicate with a variety of audiences including R&D, Manufacturing, Customer Support, Business Development, external partners and customers
Rubicon Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Terms & Conditions